Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Things You Already Knew

It's old news now, but a new column appeared hot in the Daily yesterday. If you missed it's first run, you can read it here. I apologize to those who find it boring-- I realize the number of people actually interested in Sino-African relations is relatively small... If nothing else, I think the title of the column should have wide appeal. Here's a bonus factoid: I (and everyone else in the city) got a text message from the Chinese government this morning, thanking me for my cooperation and good behavior during the Africa summit in Beijing this weekend. Wacky!

There's a tiny bloke I met last weekend. And when I say "met" I mean "photographed and then sent running, screaming to his mother, in sheer terror." I'm sure he's recovered by now. In other news, winter arrived in Beijing in a hurry. Last week I was cavorting about in shorts, but a weekend of high winds brought in some frigid air that has settled. So much for the unseasonably warm autumn.

Finally, as, if you are an American, you may already know, today is election day! If you haven't already, I hope you're reckoning on heading over to the polls sometime before the closing bell rings today. It is your duty as a citizen of a democracy, indeed, it should be your honor. I confess I'm abdicating everything I believe in, and actually not voting in this election for the dual reasons that it's a pain to have an absentee ballot shipped to China, and every election for which I would be able to cast said ballot is a foregone conclusion. NOT that that is any excuse. Really, it feels wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home