Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why I Look Like a Schnook

Avid followers of my twitter feed will know that last week I wrote:
dry cleaners mysteriously closed all day. certain i'll never see my shirts again.
I'd made several more unsuccessful trips to the Cornerstone Cleaners, but had hesitated to call in a complaint because somebody had probably died or something.

I may have been inadvertently flirting with the truth there. Now it's news. Here's DCist:
Cornerstone Cleaner, a.k.a. CS Cleaners, the dry cleaners located at 1947 14th Street NW, at the corner of 14th and U Streets, has abruptly closed, with hundreds of garments still locked inside.

A sign posted on the door of the business states: "Store will be close 30 days. Pick-up only. (703) 625-0333." Dialing that number today got you a full voice mailbox for "Uptown Management," meaning you could not leave a message. The same number is listed on a "For Lease" sign posted in the window, with the name "HAWA" printed above the number.

Well, Mr. Hawa, you have hijacked my three nicest shirts, and now I'm going to work every day looking like a regular schnook. You have four days until a put a brick through your window and reclaim my (hopefully clean, nicely pressed) shirts. And I'll be taking a fistful of hangers as interest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eunice said...

i wasn't even officially following you until today but remembered i saw that post!

24/3/09 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate it when that happens.
love,
chucky

26/3/09 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home