Saturday, August 02, 2008

Farewell, Boston

Seven years ago I picked up and left my ancestral home in New York, shipping up to Boston (to Andover, really) for school. My education complete, it's time to go, and tonight is my last night living in Massachusetts.

Tomorrow, I'm joining forces with Brooke, a traveling partner from my days on the lam in China. We're hopping in her Hyundai, and charting a course for Boulder, Colorado, aiming for Cleveland on Sunday night and Omaha on Monday. In Boulder we part, as Brooke presses on to begin anew in Seattle.

I'll be staying a few days with Dave in Boulder, then a week or so hiking with uncles Billy and Charlie in the Weminuche Wilderness Preserve, then back to the metro-Denver area, to work as an intern (gofer) with the speech-writing team at the Democratic National Convention. Friends, politics, the out-of-doors-- what more can a guy like me ask for?

Check back here for frequent updates, pictures, and a play-by-play account of how I will escape a bear, only to be captured by a political operative.

For now: Farewell, Boston. Thank you to all my friends who made this summer so much fun, and these seven years here everything they were.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! congrats on your new life, new adventure, and for keeping us fans in the outback informed of your whereabouts...! Can't wait to read your blog on a regular basis.....

3/8/08 2:04 AM  
Blogger ljs said...

The trick is to avoid eye contact. With bears, and political operatives. Make us proud, duPont.

3/8/08 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home